The Arc Believes In:
· People First— The Arc believes that all people with intellectual and developmental disabilities have strengths, abilities, and inherent value; are equal before the law; and must be treated with dignity and respect, regardless of the level of their disability.
· Community Participation— The Arc works toward ensuring that all people have the fundamental moral, civil, and constitutional rights and opportunities to live, learn, work, play and worship in communities of their choosing.
· Democracy— The Arc is an organization of, by and for people with intellectual and developmental disabilites and their families. Our policy decisions are made by informed voting members, organized into affiliated State and local Chapters.
· Visionary Leadership— The Arc values new ideas, innovation and inspired leadership. We seek constantly to improve our focus, knowledge and effectiveness.
· Diversity— The Arc seeks and supports diverse leadership and membership. Our concept of diversity includes but is not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, age, socio-economic status, geographic location, sexual orientation, gender, family status, and type and level of disability.
· Integrity and Excellence— Members, leaders and Chapters of The Arc promote our mission, core values, and position statements with integrity and accountability. We conduct our business according to the highest ethical standards.